lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

Part of Speech

NOUN: A noun is often defined as a word which name a person, place or thing.

Examples:

  • Mexico is beautiful city.
  • Brenda has two cats in her house.
  • My cellphone doesn´t work.
VERB: A verb is often defined as a word that show action and state of being. A sentence always has a verb because the verb is heart of a sentence but there are sometimes when the verb change and that is because the the time in which we are talking.

Examples:

  • I play piano everyday.
  • Maria likes to eat pupusas.
  • I went to Las Vegas last year.
ADJECTIVES: adjectives give more information about the noun or pronoun.

 Examples:

  • That was my old house.
  • She is the beutiful girl tha help me to found you.
  • My father is a handsome man.

PRONOUNS: pronoun can be used like the word that take the place of a noun.
 Pronouns: I, you, he, she,  it, we, you, they.

Example:

  • I sometimes go to the gym.
  • You have to dance with my brother.
  • He is the man that made my house.
  • She is good in English.
  • They are doing a difficult test.

PREPOSITION: is a word which shows relationship among other words in the sentece and this relatioship include: direction, place, time, cause, manner and amount.
Examples:

  • She went to the store.
  • The book is on the table.
  • I can not talk during my Grammar class.
CONJUCTION: is a word that connects other words or groups of words.

Examples:

  • I was washing the dishes and my mothers was cooking.
  • Do you prefer eat Pizza or Hamburger?
  • After my exams I am going to have a party wih my friends.
ADVERB: The adverb can modifies verbs, adjectives and nouns.

Examples:

  • I often eat eggs in my breakfast.
  • My brother bought a house extremely small.
INTERJECTION: an interjecction is an unusual kind of word because if stand alone and express emotion and surprise and they are usually followed by exclamation mark.

 Examples:
  • Ouch! It really bad.
  • Oh no! I lost my money.
  • Hello! how are you?

1 comentario:

  1. In simple terms we could define a specific grammar as the set of rules for constructing words, phrases and sentences in a particular language.


    APA Editing Services

    ResponderEliminar